05/04/2022 Principal's Note

Job 19:25-27 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end, he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
We live in a world where most people believe there is no absolute truth. What's true for you may not be true for them, and vice-versa. You might think doing drugs is wrong, but for some, it feels right, so it must be right! To us, abortion is murder; to some, it's just a woman making decisions about her body. The Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, just like any other; but many people say, "No, that's not true! It's just an alternate lifestyle!" People want a truth that fits their earthly wants and needs. To the world, truth has to be comfortable; if it's uncomfortable, then it must not be true for me!
Unfortunately, there is absolute truth, and the truth is that we are all sinners. God laid down his law for us thousands of years ago on Mount Sinai, and we cannot hope to keep it. We break that law at every turn. People can cover their ears and close their eyes. They can yell at the top of their lungs, "I don't believe this! It isn't truth for me!" The truth is, however, that they will end up in hell for their denial. Don't stop by pointing fingers at them, though; we all deserve the same punishment. Our sins are no less hateful to our God than theirs.
Thankfully, God's law is not the only absolute truth. In the passage for today, we see two other truths that make our hearts rejoice! "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" is one of the favorite Easter hymns many of our churches sing. The title line of that hymn SCREAMS truth! It doesn't say, "I think that my Redeemer lives," or, "In my mind, my Redeemer lives." No, I KNOW that my Redeemer lives, without a shadow of a doubt. Whether people want to believe it or not, Jesus rose from the grave. That is wonderful news! The law is not forgotten, it is still truth, but the burden of keeping it perfectly has been taken from us. Instead of weighing us down, the law now gives us an opportunity to show God how much we love him by keeping his commands as best we can. The other truth in this passage is no less wonderful. "...and that in the end he will stand on the earth." Many of us pray, "Come, Lord Jesus" at meals, but we don't really think about what we are praying. Our Savior is coming back for us! We won't need to wonder if he's forgotten us. The passage goes on to say, "I myself will see him with my own eyes...how my heart yearns within me!" This is not a fairy tale, it's going to happen. People can debate what's true and not true all throughout this life, but when Christ comes again, they are going to get the ultimate reality check. In the end, the only truth that matters is God's truth.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

In Christ,

Principal Bill Fuerstenau